OFC Annual Summer Picnic

Saturday, August 25 | 11am – 4pm

6370 Church Road | (Lawn at the Corner of Church and Lancaster)

Please click the link below for additional information.

OFC – Summer Potluck Flyer 2018

Contribute at the barbecue to our Back-to-School Backpack Campaign for Lewis C. Cassidy Elementary School!

OFC Farmers Market is back!!!

The Overbrook Farmers Market will be opening on Saturday May 26, 2018 @ 9:00am. Overbrook Farms Presbyterian Church parking lot.
Make plans to stop by. OFC will be doing a survey to find out what kind of vendors and items you may need.
Thanks for supporting the Food Trust and OFC Farmers Market. Looking forward to seeing you.

Santa Pays a Visit to the Historic Guardhouse in the Park


Morris Park, which borders Overbrook Farms, is home to one of the city’s few remaining park guard houses. Perhaps that is why Santa chooses to come each year to hear directly from the local children want they want for the holidays. His reindeer were saving up their energy for their big ride, so he got a special lift from the local Engine 54 Fire Department members to visit on December 2nd. It was a great day and he made a very long list as the line grew to more than 100 local children over the short time he was there.


Sign-up for the Neighborhood Listserve!


Stay informed of neighborhood news. The Overbrook Farms Club now has a new listserv. Please post messages and information to overbrookfarmsclub@simplelists.com. Make sure to ask all of your neighbors to join the listserv.  Click here or use the form below:

Sign Up Here

Full Name:
Daily digest summary format

 You can also view listserv archives.

Fall Update – Student & Rental Questions

It’s that time again:  School’s Back in Session. 

If you would like to report student issues ? Here is contact information for St Joeseph’s University:

During an event, Call SJU Public Safety 619 660-1111 and call 911
Follow-up:  Contact Community Relations: Communityrelations@sju.edu 610 669-1226

St. Joseph’s also has a number of events and facilities that are open to the community. Visit its community relations page and sign up for its newsletter.

Information for Landlords & Tenants Renting in Overbrook
The City of Philadelphia has complete information on landlord tenant obligations under City ordinances at its website

The Fair Housing Commission also has useful links and resources.

Featured below are  summaries of key provisions for members of our community who wish to rent out a room or are seeking a room for rent. Always consult an attorney with legal questions.

What do I have to do to rent my home or carriage house to someone? 
A Commercial Activity License is required for all properties with four or more residential units. An exemption is made for buildings with four residential units in which the owner is an occupant of at least one unit. This means you can rent to a maximum of three unrelated people if you live in the same home without obtaining a Commercial Activity License. However, you will need a Housing Rental License and other certificates, as explained below.

Before you can apply for a housing rental license, you will need to get a Commercial Activity License, Business Tax Account Number, Federal Tax Identification Number or Social Security Number (for individuals), and Zoning Approval (for two or more units). It sounds like a lot, but it is not as scary as it sounds. Most of these forms you can fill out online for a nominal fee. Licenses cost $50 and can be renewed.

Are there limits on how many people I can rent to?
Most of Overbrook Farms is zoned Single Family Residential, with some notable exceptions on 63rd Street. This means that no more than 3 unrelated persons may occupy the property at any given time.

Unrelated persons is defined as: unrelated by blood, marriage, adoption, or foster-child status, or are not Life Partners.

What if I am just renting a room in my house?
Housing Rental Licenses are required for any type of housing rentals. If you are renting to three (3) or fewer tenants and you live on the property, you do not need to obtain a Commercial Activity License. But you DO need to obtain:
– Certificate of Rental Suitability
– Provide all of your tenants with a copy of a housing rights brochure.
– Lead paint disclosure and certification if children younger than 6 years old are in the home

Here’s a copy of the Housing Rental Form

Or apply in person at :
Department of Licenses and Inspections
License Issuance Unit – PSC
1401 John F. Kennedy Boulevard

Thank You for a Great House Tour and Tea!

The Overbrook Farms Club House Tour & Tea which was held Sunday, May 7. was a great success with more than 100 attendees! Thank you to all of the homeowners for opening your wonderful homes and volunteers who made the event happen. A special thanks to the committee members and for all of the event sponsors for their support. We look forward to planning the next tour. Check out this article which appeared in Philadelphia Magazine online.


Read the latest Overbrook Farms NEWSLETTER
to find out what’s happening in the neighborhood.


Morris Park Bridge Concept Plan


There is a  proposal for the Morris Park Bridge Replacement.  Take a look at these plans and let us know what you think:  Morris Park Bridge Concepts.  Contact Friends of Morris Park Organization (morrisparkphiladelphia@gmail.com) for more information about this and other topics relating to the Park.



Need non-emergency assistance from the City.  Use the 311 Service

PTIAccording to the website: “Philly311’s mission is to provide direct access to city government information and services while delivering world-class customer service. When you submit a service ticket we aim to deliver you timely updates and accurate information. By working closely with city departments, we develop valuable insights that help to improve our city”.

You can submit issues 24X7 via the web page or use the mobile application. You can also reach the customer service team from 8am to 8pm by calling the center Monday through Friday. Dial 3-1-1 or, for those with VOiP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and for calls from outside of Philadelphia dial 215-686-8686 or email at:  Philly311@phila.gov

Remember, it is up to all of us to keep Overbrook Farms safe and healthy for all.