Overbrook Farms Club Listserv
The Overbrook Farms Club’s Listserve Acceptable Use Policy (aka ‘AUP’) is intended to help enhance the use of this service by preventing unacceptable use. We support the
free flow of information and ideas however, we may remove without warning any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this AUP.
The following actions (which are not exhaustive) constitute violations of this Acceptable
- Using impolite, abusive, or otherwise objectionable language in messages.
- Placing unlawful information on the Internet.
- Using the Listserv illegally in ways that violate federal, state, or local laws.
- Sending messages that are likely to result in the loss of the recipient’s work or systems.
- Sending solicitations (although it’s okay to mention a block, yard or moving sale). This includes, but is not limited to: advertising of commercial products or services; soliciting the list for donations and donation drives; soliciting the list to support business ventures.
- Sending chain letters or pyramid schemes to lists or individuals, and any other types of use which would cause congestion or otherwise interfere with the work of others.
- Using the Listserv for political lobbying.
- Changing any computer file that does not belong to the user.
- Posting, sending or downloading copyrighted material without permission.
- Sending or retrieving pornographic material. Posting inappropriate text files, or files dangerous to the integrity of any network.
- Vandalizing, which is defined as any malicious attempt to harm or destroy data of another user on the Internet, and includes the uploading or creation of computer viruses.